Newcastle City Centre Grade II Listed Building Refurbishment
GMR was appointed to carry out a full refurbishment of a tired and derelict office space situated at Mosley Street in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre. The building also required external renovation works to meet the standards and requirements of a Grade II listed building that was originally constructed in 1870.
The project was won on GMR’s experience and knowledge that impressed from the initial site visit and meeting with the client. GMR offered expert advice to help guide the client achieve the best possible outcome.
Upon commission GMR engaged the schedule of works to commence comprising the following:
- Planning to include site setup and project management.
- Strip out & building works to include the break out of existing walls
- External works to include brickwork repair, replacement doors and redecorate windows
- Construct partitions
- Joinery and door installation
- Ceiling works
- Toilet and bathroom installation
- Plumbing and heating works
- Construction work to enable installation of new lift
- Mechanical works
- Electrical and fire protection
- Signage installation
The above works all facilitated the vision of creating a modern office space that was sympathetic to the original building and heritage. The client, HMC was delighted with the results and appreciated the challenges faced in working within a city centre location. This included machine access, delivery of building supplies, waste management and of course health & safety.
If you have a similar project that requires experience in dealing with a listed building, city centre location, office development, or commercial construction work then please call 0191 267 7905.